Sandra Lee | 2011-05-27 09:27:35
What better way to celebrate the arrival of summer than with delightful desserts, featuring fresh summer berries? This irresistible Strawberry-Raspberry Stack treat will be welcome at any occasion and is easy to make. Pyrex® glass bakeware is perfect for preparing this brilliant baked recipe, so that you can see all the delicious layers in the finished product! When cooking with glass bakeware, always place hot glass bakeware on a dry, cloth potholder or towel. Keep in mind, never to put glass bakeware directly on a burner or under a broiler. And, always allow the oven to fully preheat before placing glass bakeware in the oven.
This delectable quick and easy recipe is a great way to enjoy sweets while staying healthy!
Recipe: Strawberry-Raspberry Stack
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 40 minutes, Bake: 12 minutes
Cool: 20 minutes, Chill: 10 minutes
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, Driscoll’s
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries, Driscoll’s
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar
- 1 (2.6-ounce) package whipped topping mix, Dream Whip Garnish: raspberries, whole strawberries, and halved strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, raspberries, sugar, and liqueur.
- Unfold pastry sheets, and place in two Pyrex® 3-qt (9×13) glass bakeware dishes. Sprinkle tops of pastry with cinnamon-sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Remove from oven and place dish on a dry, cloth potholder or towel to cool. Gently press pastry to flatten slightly. Cut each pastry sheet in half lengthwise.
- Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions. Place 1 pastry rectangle back in a Pyrex® 3-qt (9×13) glass bakeware dish; spread with 1 cup prepared whipped topping, leaving about a ½-inch border. Arrange one-third of strawberry mixture in an even layer over whipped topping. Repeat layers twice, and top with remaining pastry and whipped topping. Garnish with raspberries, and strawberries if desired. Drizzle with any accumulated liquid remaining in bowl from strawberry mixture. Chill for 10 minutes. Using a serrated knife, gently cut to serve.